GWC releases new short fundraising videoPlease see this article to learn more about our effort to double Global Blue Whale Populations.
Make A Donation
There are many ways to support the Great Whales through GWC! Make a financial contribution today
Urgent donation requestGWC asked to raise funds to replace lost gear for the National Park in Loreto.
$700 urgently needed! Please donate now and earmark your donation to
disentanglement gear for Baja California.
Great Whale Conservancy Latest Videos
Latest Great Whale Conservancy Updates
Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF
The death of a rare killer whale in the Pacific Northwest has been linked to a tagging effort, causing an outcry and re-evaluation… Read it on Flipboard Read it on news.nationalgeographic.com GREAT WHALE CONSERVANCY (GWC) STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF ORCA L95 CAUSED BY A NOAA IMPLANT TAG, AND THE […]
Latest Blog Updates
Our week 6 guests hailed from Colorado, New York, New Mexico and California. As has happened for most of this season the week began with wind. But things calmed down and as the images will show everyone was treated to yet another grand show. We had ample blue whales including […]
Our week 5 guests hailed from: New Mexico, North Carolina and right here in Baja California The week began with high winds. On day 2 we went to the famed gray whale lagoon of Magdalena Bay, and met the friendliest of mother and calf whales. We all watched in awe […]
Filter By Category
In the News (external links)
- 05/2017: *Update on Bolinas Whale Death Beached Blue Whale’s Cause of Death Found
- 05/2017: 79-Foot Blue Whale Found in Bolinas Killed by Boat Strike: Scientists
- 04/2017: Gray whale tangled in metal fishing frame spotted off coast of Newport Harbor
- 07/2016: The US Navy’s sonar levels may harm whales and other marine mammals.
- 07/2016: How Our Appetite For Fish Is Eating Us Into Extinction.