Make A Donation
There are many ways to support the Great Whales through GWC! Make a financial contribution today
Great Whale Conservancy Latest Videos
Latest Great Whale Conservancy Updates
The death of a rare killer whale in the Pacific Northwest has been linked to a tagging effort, causing an outcry and re-evaluation… Read it on Flipboard Read it on news.nationalgeographic.com GREAT WHALE CONSERVANCY (GWC) STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF ORCA L95 CAUSED BY A NOAA IMPLANT TAG, AND THE […]
Shipping noise in the North Atlantic could impact population levels of the whales, new research shows Increased shipping noise is disrupting the foraging behaviour of humpback whales in the North Atlantic, according to a new study. Scientists in the US and UK said their findings could impact upon the numbers […]
Latest Blog Updates
TWO OLD BLUE WHALE GUYS, 1000 STAMPEDING DOLPHINS, AND A POLE Week 7 is now in the books and our guests all of whom hail from New Mexico had a blast. We began the week heading north looking for the myriad of feeding blue whales that had graced us in […]
THE GENTLE GIANTS FEED AND HAVE THEIR BLOWS COLLECTED Our week 6 guests hailed from Massachusetts, Alaska and Australia. All were part of the Ocean Alliance team that was here to collect whale spouts or “snot” from drones for processing in a lab to learn about what we can learn […]
Filter By Category
In the News (external links)
- 05/2017: *Update on Bolinas Whale Death Beached Blue Whale’s Cause of Death Found
- 05/2017: 79-Foot Blue Whale Found in Bolinas Killed by Boat Strike: Scientists
- 04/2017: Gray whale tangled in metal fishing frame spotted off coast of Newport Harbor
- 07/2016: The US Navy’s sonar levels may harm whales and other marine mammals.
- 07/2016: How Our Appetite For Fish Is Eating Us Into Extinction.