- April 20-22, 2018 Earth X, Fair Park – Dallas, Texas – with Mz Blue our inflatable blue whale
- May 10 -13, 2018 Summerlin Lecture Series and Gallery Photo Display – Las Vegas, Nevada – Lectures by Michael Fishbach
- June 9, 2018, March for the Ocean – Reflecting pool in front of US Capitol – Washington DC – with Mz Blue our inflatable blue whale
GWC releases new short fundraising videoPlease see this article to learn more about our effort to double Global Blue Whale Populations.
Urgent donation requestGWC asked to raise funds to replace lost gear for the National Park in Loreto.
$700 urgently needed! Please donate now and earmark your donation to
disentanglement gear for Baja California.
Great Whale Conservancy Latest Videos
Latest Great Whale Conservancy Updates
Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF
The death of a rare killer whale in the Pacific Northwest has been linked to a tagging effort, causing an outcry and re-evaluation… Read it on Flipboard Read it on news.nationalgeographic.com GREAT WHALE CONSERVANCY (GWC) STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF ORCA L95 CAUSED BY A NOAA IMPLANT TAG, AND THE […]
Latest Blog Updates
Our week 7 guests hailed from Maine and California. The week got off to a major bang after yet another Monday and Tuesday that were too windy to get out to sea. After seeing blue whales and dolphins on Wednesday we thought we would head back earlyish. We carved a […]
Our week 6 guests hailed from Colorado, New York, New Mexico and California. As has happened for most of this season the week began with wind. But things calmed down and as the images will show everyone was treated to yet another grand show. We had ample blue whales including […]
Filter By Category
In the News (external links)
- 05/2017: *Update on Bolinas Whale Death Beached Blue Whale’s Cause of Death Found
- 05/2017: 79-Foot Blue Whale Found in Bolinas Killed by Boat Strike: Scientists
- 04/2017: Gray whale tangled in metal fishing frame spotted off coast of Newport Harbor
- 07/2016: The US Navy’s sonar levels may harm whales and other marine mammals.
- 07/2016: How Our Appetite For Fish Is Eating Us Into Extinction.