GWC releases new short fundraising videoPlease see this article to learn more about our effort to double Global Blue Whale Populations.
Make A Donation
There are many ways to support the Great Whales through GWC! Make a financial contribution today
Urgent donation requestGWC asked to raise funds to replace lost gear for the National Park in Loreto.
$700 urgently needed! Please donate now and earmark your donation to
disentanglement gear for Baja California.
Great Whale Conservancy Latest Videos
Latest Great Whale Conservancy Updates
Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF Download the featured article: The Marine Biologist PDF
The death of a rare killer whale in the Pacific Northwest has been linked to a tagging effort, causing an outcry and re-evaluation… Read it on Flipboard Read it on news.nationalgeographic.com GREAT WHALE CONSERVANCY (GWC) STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF ORCA L95 CAUSED BY A NOAA IMPLANT TAG, AND THE […]
Latest Blog Updates
TWO OLD BLUE WHALE GUYS, 1000 STAMPEDING DOLPHINS, AND A POLE Week 7 is now in the books and our guests all of whom hail from New Mexico had a blast. We began the week heading north looking for the myriad of feeding blue whales that had graced us in […]
THE GENTLE GIANTS FEED AND HAVE THEIR BLOWS COLLECTED Our week 6 guests hailed from Massachusetts, Alaska and Australia. All were part of the Ocean Alliance team that was here to collect whale spouts or “snot” from drones for processing in a lab to learn about what we can learn […]
Filter By Category
In the News (external links)
- 05/2017: *Update on Bolinas Whale Death Beached Blue Whale’s Cause of Death Found
- 05/2017: 79-Foot Blue Whale Found in Bolinas Killed by Boat Strike: Scientists
- 04/2017: Gray whale tangled in metal fishing frame spotted off coast of Newport Harbor
- 07/2016: The US Navy’s sonar levels may harm whales and other marine mammals.
- 07/2016: How Our Appetite For Fish Is Eating Us Into Extinction.